Dinner talk by LAM Man Kong with LIVE music performance 與油畫大師林嗚崗對談
Dinner talk by LAM Man Kong with LIVE music performance
Lam Man Kong (Alias : LIN Minggang) is a famous oil-painter with residential background in France, as well as being an art critic and columnist. Chairman of Hong Kong Oil Painting Research Society.
Lam was born in Fuzhou in 1952, and he migrated to Hong Kong in 1978. In 1984, Lam graduated from the Hong Kong Professional Fine Art Institute. In 1990, Lam furthered his studies in Paris. He graduated with a tertiary qualification in the Paris National Academy of Fine Arts. Pierre Caron, a famous Professor, complimented Lam’s sophisticated techniques and brilliant talents. For the year thereafter, Lam Man Kong practiced his imitation skills inside the Louvre Museum for the sake of absorbing nutrients from the ancient masters, which enabled Lam to explore his unique thematic approaches and stylistic expressions. In 1993, Lam Man Kong became a loyal member of French National Artists Association. His journey in France lasted for over 20 years.
Related Website: Hong Kong Oil Painting Research Society
Participants are welcomed to communicate their areas of interest to Kitty TSE, the coordinator of this event by email (email@example.com) in advance. Enquiries shall be addressed by speaker on event day.
Date: 22nd October, 2015 (Thursday)
Venue: HKUAA Club Restaurant, 1/F Yip Fung Building, 2 D'Aguilar Street, Central.
Number of participants: 32-40 persons
Fee: $380 per person
7:00pm HKUAA Welcome Note
7:05pm (1) Music Performance by Ms Jenny CHAN, violin, and Dr Grace CHAN, keyboard
(2) Dinner starts (Chinese dinner, main dishes)
8:15pm Dinner Talk
9:00pm Q & A
9:15pm Vote of Thanks and souvenir presentation
10:00pm End of Event
** Talk will be conducted in Cantonese, supplemented by Mandarin and/or French.
Ms Jenny Chan, HKU BEng, Resident Engineer in civil engineering, who plays violin in various orchestras and local volunteering organisations. Dr Grace Chan, HKU MBBS, a general practitioner in solo practice, who enjoys playing the piano as accompaniment for violin and singing. The sisters are both music lovers.
Reservation and payment method
1. Please complete the form in below with payment and email to Ms. Heyna Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org ON or BEFORE 19th October, 2015. If you enroll together with your friend(s), please copy the form twice and complete it for your friend(s) as well.
***Enrolment Form ***
HKUAA Membership No.:
2. After filling out the form, please pay by DEPOSIT to our HSBC account: Hong Kong University Alumni Association 808-5-000324 as soon as possible.
3. Send us your SCANNED RECEIPT at email@example.com with your FULL NAME. Kindly note that places will only be reserved for members who have paid and send us the email.
4. A confirmation email will be sent after we have confirmed your payment.
Deadline of reservation: 19th October, 2015 (Monday)
** Fee includes Chinese dinner and a drink (a glass of house red wine / white wine OR a bottle of Perrier water). Cash bar for other beverage.
** Participants are welcomed to bring their own bottle(s), corkage will be charged as of HKUAA Club policy.
back to previous